Conference calling has revolutionized global communication. It is a cost-effective way of conducting meetings and discussions without having to travel from a distant physical location to another. Millions of dollars spent for travelling fees have been curtailed in the advent of newer communication technologies. Naturally, telephone conference calling companies emerge adapting and taking advantage of this efficient process.
Conference Call Usages
There are a number of conference call usages. To provide a simple overview, the following are its descriptions:
- Business. Companies outsourcing services like solutions and customer service are the ones finding much use of this type of communication. Since distance makes it impossible for the higher management to meet their outsourced subordinates anytime they want, they find the use of conference calling a better alternative. In most call centers these days, this has become an advantage.
- Party Line. Aside from serious and formal phone meetings, conference calls can also be used for entertainment purposes. People wanting to meet new friends over the phone can use the conference bridge as a meeting point.
- Flat Rate Conferencing. This type of service is one of the popular offerings of some telecommunication carriers. They offer it at a fixed monthly rate making it possible for budget conscious business or non-profit organizations to use it with unlimited access.
- Prepaid Conference Calls. Some online sites allow individuals to purchase conferencing services via the internet on a pay-as-you-go basis. The calling/conversation time is usually limited depending on the amount of prepaid service purchased.
- Free Conference Calling. There are also websites which allow you to make use of their online conference calling services for free without having you paying for the use of their virtual conferencing devices except only for the long distance call charges incurred from their respective telecommunications provider. A few conference calling companies reviews include the feedback that these type of services in fact becomes more expensive without you consciously knowing about it. This particular feedback may not necessarily be correct, too. We encourage you to know further by visiting sites which offer this type of service. » Read more: Conference Calling Companies